Virgin Media Bag o’ Swag Competition
Hi there. Welcome to the EGX Digital Bag o’ Swag competition page. This is your chance to win a collection of offers from the Virgin Media Daily Wrap show.
The mechanic is simple. When the Daily Wrap team ask the question, you need to find the answer, click on the email link, send the answer and your location in the subject field and we’ll pick one random, right, answer every day. Please remember that this competition is only open to UK residents.
You have 12 hours from the point of broadcast until each daily competition closes.
Here’s the email address: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
1. Who are we?
• The Virgin Media Stream Free Prize Draw (referred to in these terms and conditions as “the Prize Draw”) is offered to you on a daily basis throughout EGX Digital 2020 by Gamer Network Limited, whose principal place of business is at 1-6 Grand Parade, Brighton, East Sussex BN2 9QB and whose registered office is at Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1DN (hereinafter, also known as “we” or “us”), in conjunction with Virgin Media, the headline sponsor of EGX Digital 2020.
• We are the owner and organiser of all EGX Events, including EGX Digital 2020.
• The Prize Draw will operate on a daily basis from the Virgin Media booth at EGX Digital, where there will be the opportunity to win one games-related prize per day (“the Prize(s)”).
• For any queries or issues regarding the Prize Draw, please contact Tim Cotton, Head of Legal, Gamer Network Limited, Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1DN.
• Alternatively please email: firstname.lastname@example.org – we will endeavour to respond to email messages within three working days.
2. What terms, conditions and rules apply to the Competition?
• These Terms and Conditions apply to the Prize Draw. You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them upon entering each Prize Draw, which Prize Draw you will enter, on any given day for EGX Digital 2020, which runs as a virtual event from Saturday 12th September 2020 until Sunday 20th September 2020 inclusive, by means of accessing the Virgin Media booth at EGX Digital 2020 and visiting the feature called Bag o Swag and answering the question which appears within the video appended there. Your entry will be submitted and the answer for each competition question appearing on Swag o Bag for each day of EGX Digital 2020 will be uploaded by Gamer Network Limited to the EGX Digital 2020 Gleam page.
• If you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, especially as outlined above or below in this Section 2, you may be excluded from access to the Prize Draw.
• You must be over 18 years of age at the date of entry to participate in the Prize Draw.
• Entry into the Prize Draw each day is as outlined above only.
• Only residents of the United Kingdom are eligible for entry to the Prize Draw.
• Unfortunately, the following persons are excluded from entering the Prize Draw and their entries will not be considered
(a) employees of Gamer Network Limited or Reed Exhibitions Limited and any associated company of Reed Exhibitions Limited; and
(b) any person directly or indirectly involved in the running of the Prize Draw;
• All qualifying entrants who complete and submit the entry requirements outlined above on each relevant day of EGX Digital 2020 will be entered into the Prize Draw.
Prize Draw Guidelines
• You must ensure that, upon entering the Prize Draw, your name and your contact details, including your email address, are provided. If the name or email address supplied is fake, not genuine or invalid for any other reason, we reserve the right to withdraw the entrant from the Prize Draw. Our decision in this regard is final.
• You will only be entitled to submit one entry for the Prize Draw on any given day of EGX Digital 2020. Any duplicate entries will be removed.
• We may, at our discretion, alter, amend, suspend or withdraw the Prize Draw on any given day of EGX Digital 2020 without prior notice, although we will not do so unless forced to do so by unavoidable circumstances outside of our or Virgin Media’s control. Any such changes will be indicated on our EGX Digital 2020 website or at the Virgin Media booth within EGX Digital 2020 and it is your responsibility to check for any changes.
• The Prize on each day is the only one available and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other equivalent or swapped for any other merchandise.
• If a Prize winner is already a Virgin Media cable customer, the broadband element of their package will be upgraded to m500 for 12 months at no additional monthly cost. If a winner is not already a Virgin Media cable customer, they will receive m500 broadband for 12 months but any additional services (TV, home phone) will be at additional cost at our usual new customer prices. If m500 broadband is not available at your home, there is no substitute for this Prize element and you cannot transfer it to someone else.
3. How much will it cost me to enter the Prize Draw?
Entry for each day is free of charge. No purchase is necessary, but, if you are the Winner on any given day, you will have the Prize despatched to you by Gamer Network Limited or a third party contracted by Gamer Network Limited (as notified to you as the Winner), free of all charge to you.
4. Selection of Winner
• On each day of EGX Digital 2020 and on Monday 21st September 2020, one entry will be drawn at random from the Prize Draw entries received each day from all qualifying entrants and that entry on each day will become the winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (“the Winner”),
• If you are the Winner, we reserve the right to verify your eligibility and to check or validate your identity. If you have been asked for proof of your identity and/or your eligibility, including your age and home address, your failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in your disqualification from the Prize Draw and a fresh Winner will be selected. All personal details and information you supply must be truthful and accurate.
• The Winner will be notified via the contact details supplied at the point of entry. In order to redeem the Prize, each Winner will be required to send their formal acceptance. Failure to do so will result in a fresh Winner being selected at random.
• Subject to us receiving the acceptance above, the Prize will be sent to the Winner by post, within seven (7) days of when the Winner has confirmed acceptance, either directly by Gamer Network Limited or by a third party contracted by Gamer Network Limited (as notified to the Winner by Gamer Network Limited).
• If you are a Winner, we may ask your permission to take your photograph or we may ask you to provide a photograph. Subject to receiving your consent, you authorise such photography and permit us to use your photograph, image and likeness for our own promotional purposes only in any media.
• We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid prize award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of each Winner of each Prize to anyone who emails us or writes to the address set out in paragraph 1 (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the final day of the Prize Draw. If you object to your surname and county being published or made available, please contact us at the email address at the top of these Terms and Conditions. In such circumstances, you should note that we must still provide the information and Winner’s details to the Advertising Standards Authority, on request.
5. How will we use your personal details?
We will only use your personal details to operate the Prize Draw to verify your identity and eligibility, to notify you if you are the Winner and to use the Winner’s surname and county as well as, with your consent, your photograph for promotional purposes only.
We will delete all unsuccessful entrants’ personal details as soon as the Winner has accepted the Prize and we will delete each Winner’s personal details as soon as the Prize has been taken delivery of by the Winner.
6. How far are we liable or responsible to you? Nothing in these Terms and Conditions removes or limits our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law. These Terms and Conditions also do not affect the rights that are granted to you as a consumer by law. Otherwise, we will not be liable to you for any matter relating to the Prize Draw offered by us. We will also not be liable to you if you suffer loss or inconvenience because of the failures of persons or systems that we do not directly control – for example, mobile phone network operators, internet service providers, postal services, software providers and telephone traffic handlers.
7. The legal position of these terms and condition These Terms and Conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and us. We reserve the right to change them and update them from time to time but, if we do so, we will post the changes on the EGX Digital 2020 website and/or Gleam page and/or Virgin Media booth. The Prize Draw is run and organised by us strictly in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 12th September 2020.